Using black magic and machine-learning, we designed and developed an AI-powered activation that lets you take a picture of your current view to discover where you could be. By detecting the objects within the picture, the web app makes unconventional connections between objects and locations to recommend new places to explore. For instance, when you take a picture of a burger, Lufthansa encourages you to explore Bangkok’s floating markets that are rich with healthy food. The activation was part of DDB Berlin’s long-running #LifeChangingPlaces campaign which invites you to go out and discover places that could change your life. The success of the initial product launch led to a second phase rollout on the website to 11 new markets in countries such as China, Argentina, US, Switzerland and Mexico.
- Manage development, design and all animations
- Oversee Google Vision image recognition integration
- Determine design and requirements of a flexible CMS to store all photo connections
- Manage and document localization process to 11 countries, including China (WeChat integration)
- Client, agency and third-parties managed by Jose Galan