Harry Potter Celestial Globe
For the British Library’s Harry Potter exhibition, we created an interactive display that lets visitors discover the ancient constellations that inspired the names of J.K. Rowling’s characters. Our idea was to create a modern version of the Library’s 17th-century celestial globe and enhance it with hotspots. By using one of the Google Tango-powered devices placed around the physical globe, people can interact with the constellations to activate magical animations and illustrations. Whereas the original globe helped people to understand the stars in their sky, this 21st-century tool helps people to explore the stars of the Harry Potter universe.
- Oversee illustration/animation pipeline and progress
- This included storyboarding, styleframes, asset collection, animatics, sound design and more
- Asset procurement for the Celestial Globe
- Extensive Unity app testing, incl. kiosk mode
- Last-minute redesign and re-budget
- Produced by Sam Hall from London